My name is Liz Rathburn and I am a Full-Time RVer, Homeschool Mom & Boss Lady of Roaming Rathburns at Garden of Oils! I have always had an interest in Plant Medicine and Aromatherapy. In 2019 I am working towards becoming a trained herbalist. I have a passion for helping individuals and families find the power of Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) Essential Oils for health & wellness.
Daily Self Care Rituals for the Entrepreneur – Listening to Your Body
Entrepreneurs have a unique, rewarding career building a legacy for themselves & their families. It’s a beautiful thing to be self-employed and help others build their legacies too. You wake up in the morning so pumped for the day and then reality sets in… school for the kids, housework, a million different tasks starts piling up on your desk. Doubt may even creep into your mind: Am I good enough? Am I smart enough?
Stop it, right now! You are good enough. You are smart enough AND you are worth it!
Here’s a few tips to navigate you through the day with a focus on nutrition, healthy habits & to avoid that midday slump that SO many of us are prone to. It’s important to listen to your body as you navigate your business:
- There’s been a huge trend to go back to whole foods. If it didn’t come from the earth or have a mother — then chances are it’s artificial and not bio-available to your body. Look into making healthier changes in your diet, starting with one item at a time (for example, quitting soda). It’s also equally important to take high-quality, whole-foods based vitamins. Most vitamins on the market are artificial and your body doesn’t know what to do with them. Fuel your mind, body & soul!
- Wake up earlier than your partner & children: If you have a husband/wife/partner and children you may want to consider waking up earlier than the rest of your family. Devote that time to whatever suits you best — accomplishing work, meditating/praying, reading your favorite book, listening to a motivational podcast or working out. As a homeschool mom, I get up earlier than my children to drink my coffee, practice yoga, shower & organize our school items then get to work with my clients.
- The Midday Slump. Ugh. I don’t know many people that enjoy 3 in the afternoon. I think that’s when most people are wanting a cup of coffee, and they are thinking about the last couple of hours before “quitting” time. What’s for dinner? Did the kids get off the bus ok? Did I switch over that load of laundry…. Did I call that client, like I said I would? Hmm. I am happy to say, that 3 pm is now my favorite part of the day! Yes, you heard me right. It’s my favorite. Why? 3 pm = pick me up diffuser blend & music and/or podcast. Think of a way to make the Midday Slump a fun time. If you are an entrepreneur working from home, can you do a quick walk, listen to music, diffuse essential oils, or listen to a podcast? Focus your energy for the last stretch of the day. Listen to your body. Why should you diffuse essential oils? Aromatherapy has been used for centuries to reduce stress, anxiety, and to promote relaxation and focus.
Here’s my favorite diffuser blends for the Midday Slump:
- Lemon, Rosemary & Peppermint — Memory support
- Citrus Bliss & Balance — Grounding & Uplifting
- Wild Orange & Peppermint — Wake up, yo!
- Elevation — Mood Balancing.
Not all workplaces allow a water-based diffuser, if this is the case for you– aromatherapy jewelry can help emotionally (and is a nice addition to your wardrobe!) and can be just as helpful. You can also diffuse in your car to and from work.
- Good Night’s Sleep. We ALL know this is important, but how many of us have a problem falling asleep or staying asleep at night? Diffusing in the bedroom is an amazing tool for falling asleep & staying asleep. There are many essential oils and blends that can assist with sleep support.
- At the end of the day, you can’t do it all. That’s ok. You are amazing, smart & worth it as you grow your business. It’s completely O.K. to delegate certain tasks out. Call a family meeting and discuss what household tasks you can and cannot do with your current workload. If budgeting allows, hire someone to do your house cleaning or yard work.
I purposely saved this last bit for the end, because this is what you can implement today and the rest you can work on tomorrow 😉 : Tonight is important for tomorrow.
Does this mean waking up in the morning to a clean kitchen?
Do you have a to-do list written for tomorrow?
Jot down 3 things that happened today that you are thankful for.
If you prefer working out in the evenings, then be sure to squeeze in your evening workout before heading to bed!
As an entrepreneur I have helped many people find the power of essential oils to bring much needed balance to their life through immune support, sleep support, weight management, special needs support in children, and chronic illnesses. If you are interested in changing your nutritional habits, reducing stress & promoting balance in your life you can click here to get started: my.doterra.com/lizzysgarden Or schedule a complimentary Wellness Consult now!
Thanks Annette! I thought so too! ❤
Very inspiring! I will write down those oils to help me get going. It only makes sense to use the natural resources around you. If anything I needed this reminder in my life to take that time For myself so I can be available for my family.
Thank you ? ?
~Tired mama of 4
I agree Sabrina! Liz had some wonderful tips in this blog, and the oils she suggested are sure to help! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your support! ?
Thank you Sabrina! Yes, us mama’s need self-care, too! I am glad you enjoyed the blog 🙂
Thank you Annette, you are so kind! I am glad you enjoyed the blog 🙂
So proud of you Liz. This sounds great. Working this into a daily routine can be so tough but worth it.